- Kitsch Headbands: I have a small head with fine, yet deceivingly thick hair, headbands slide right off my head, these don't. Sure, I have to tighten up the knot first, but after that they do well, and they're fun and pretty. They have lots of other pretty stuff too, like bracelets and earrings. Must. resist. urge. to. buy. all. the. things!
I have this "Electric Slide" set,
and also the "I Do" set.
- Kiss My Fast: I picked up this Nike shirt back in March, from Sports Authority when we were in Sarasota for Rixy's wedding, because it was so sassy; I haven't been able to wear it until now and when I do, everyone at run club cracks up.
I'll be fast again someday, right?
- Free Country* Jacket: I was contacted by Free Country to choose a swimsuit or bathing suit from their line-up and just LOVED the look and cut of this jacket! Living in Michigan I have far more use for this than a swim suit and it did not disappoint. I chose a size small and it fits perfect with layers and sweaters, not to mention the inside has this super soft lining. Their current line-up is set to go on clearance mid-September to make way for their 2014 line-up, so if you're looking for a new fall/winter jacket I absolutely recommend you hit up their selection.
How cute is this?!?
/End girl moment.
- Trail Fest hosted by Running Lab: Have I mentioned lately how much I love my local running store? Earlier this week they hosted a trail running event and had all the big brands there to let you try out their newest kicks. I tried the Hoka Bondi B's (they didn't have my size in their trail shoe), since everyone seems to be going nuts for them lately, and I have to say that while I felt a little tippy in them, they are really, really comfortable and surprisingly light. I'm not sure I can get past how clunky looking they are, but if they could help reduce my injury rate I might have to pony up. Have you ever tried them? What did you think?
- Cracking up over these recent articles: 13 Reasons Every Runner is a Jerk and The Awful Truth About Jogging. Also, this.
*Per FTC Guidelines: Free Country gifted me this jacket at no cost to me, for my personal review, of which is entirely of my own opinion.