...and it's Monday, again.
It was another busy weekend around these parts, so let's break it down bullet style:
- Friday night Spike was out of town so I celebrated by doing all the laundry; a chore I'm forbidden to do on a Friday night because it's been dubbed lame. Am I the only one that gets excited for laundry? Probably.
- Saturday afternoon Spike's aunt's hosted a bridal shower for his side of the family and they put together the most perfect pink and flamingo-tastic event ever!
|Yes, I have a flamingo problem. |
Also, please do not look directly at Spike's shirt.
It may cause blindness.
- The shower went great, I wasn't nearly as nervous this time, made sure to wear a dress that was longer, and only had one name slip-up. We received some very thoughtful and awesome gifts and I just can't say this enough: I am marrying in to such a wonderful family.
- Later that night we hit up our favorite sushi restaurant to carb-load for Sunday's long run. Once upon a time I would have never, ever strayed from my standard plain noodles but living with the human garbage disposal will definitely change your ways. Anybody else out there carb-load with sushi?
- Sunday, Sunday, Sunday was the men's Olympic marathon; what. a. race! I'm not going to lie, I teared up for Uganda's runner as he grabbed his flag and ran in to the finish with that huge smile on his face. Truly inspiring! Then of course there was Meb's hard fought fight for fourth place, hell yeah! Way to go Meb!
- After watching the race we headed out all runspired for my big 12 miler. You know it's been a hot summer when 70* feels amazing, however, getting the later-then-usual start meant a sun smack down by end. The last few miles were tough and reminded me that while it was only two miles further than what I've been used to, it was also the farthest I have run since March of 2011!
|12 M run and done!
- Pit toilets: The most horrific things ever. That's all I'm going to say about that.
- Exactly two months from today, I'm going to be Mrs. Spike. :)
So, that's my weekend, what'd y'all get in to?!?!