Sooo I totally slacked on you guys and missed "3 Things Thursday" yesterday. Whoops. To make up for it, here's "5 for Friday" with two bonus "things!" Oooo!!!
- Bling, bling... So remember when I said there were no awards given out for the Lansing Marathon 5k I PR'd at this past weekend? Well it seems they've had a change of heart and are going to give overall and age group finishers three deep for each race a "prize." Prizes will be announced on May 5th and then we'll get to pick them up on May 26th. I wonder what they could be?
|Love the official race photo's of me "flying" in to the finish!|
- Giveaway... Just a reminder to get in on the "Dead Running" and fitness giveaway I posted about earlier this week! I'll be choosing the winner next week and that winner will also be put in for the grand prize fitness drawing.
- Wind, blows... I don't know about where you're at, but it's been windy as all get out around here for the last couple of weeks and I'm SO OVER IT! I know I'm supposed to be thankful for every run, good or bad, but this 20+ mph wind is killing me out there. Mother Nature can we please get a reprieve?!?!
- Long runs with races... This weekend I've got another eight miler on deck and I've decided to break it up by running five miles before a 5k. (Don't worry, my legs will assure you that I've had enough PR's for one week to try to attempt another one!) I know many of you do this for longer races, using them as training runs, but have you ever worked in a shorter race as part of a longer training run?
- Olympics... So am I the only one getting totally geeked out over the Olympics? The ads give me goosebumps and I've been devouring all info on the different running related events. Only 90 days til they start!!! Woot!