I've got a lot swirling through my head today and when I hit up Christy's weekly post called “Love/Don’t Love” (over at 25 before 25) I decided to
steal borrow the format for today’s Monday Mash of thoughts…
- T-minus 4 days til Spike and I leave for Boston. LOVE!
- T-minus 5 days til the weekend festivities of blogger events begin. (If you're going to be in Boston and not in on all the fun shoot me an email ASAP!!!) L-O-V-E!
- Unfortunately it looks like I’m headed to Boston on crutches. I talked to the doc this a.m. and he said there’s just no way of knowing how long this will actually take to heal and to hang on to the crutches for another week or so. Don’t. Love. At. All. :(
- Your response to my last post was amazing and I have to say that since I wrote it, I feel as if a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders. Motivation, determination, and inspiration have returned in full force and I’ve been rocking the gym and pool like nobody’s business! Love.
- I have even found a benefit to all this
pool joggingaqua slogging; I can work on my form! With nothing but time on my hands, I have been making it a point to monitor my arm swing and have also been doing “swimmer rows” at the gym with weights. All this focused attention should get my cross-over under control for when I get back to *real* running. Love.
- Another benefit: Last weekend Spike took me to my first Wings game and the kind people at the arena took one look at me on my crutches and sent us to get our seats changed to handi-cap seats so I wouldn’t have to tackle any stairs! Talk about going above and beyond! LOVE!
- My swim cap makes me look like a bald smurf. Don't love.
- The over-50 aqua aerobics class has taken notice of me and I am now known as the "crutches girl". While not a full on pussy posse via SUAR, they are a hodge-podge of elderly ladies and gents that seem to think my coming to the pool on crutches is just the darndest thing. Kinda love. (Cuz old people are cute when they're not creepy.)
- Guess what finally arrived this past weekend?!?! SPRING!!! I think it’s for real this time and not just a tease. Blue skies, sunshine, birds singing, I'll take it! LOVE!!!
Your turn, give me one thing you love/don't love today!!!