Happy Monday-Post Christmas-New Year's Eve Week!!! I hope y'all had a tremendous holiday weekend spent with all your loved ones, family and friends! Like most of you, I was crazy busy but amidst the madness I was able to find some time to relax with my beloved Spike and enjoy our first Christmas together (in the same state that is). Here's some of the highlights:
- First up I got to see my Jamily who was in town from Florida!!! YAY!!!
- The afternoon of Christmas Eve we spent some time with my fam then headed home to bust out a speedy Christmas Eve run together before settling in for the night.
- Christmas was OUR day; we slept in, had breakfast, exchanged gifts (Guess who's being taken to a Wings game?!?!? YAY!!!), took a lengthy stroll around town that ended with a white wash instead of snow angels (Thanks a lot!!!), lounged around quite a bit after that before deciding to go see The Black Swan. (Edge of your seat thriller! Must see!!!)
- Sunday, before heading over to Grand Rapids to celebrate Christmas with Spike's fam we bundled up and headed out to run the Operation Jack Satellite Run in honor of Sam wrapping up his 61st marathon of the year for Operation Jack!!! It wasn't the easiest run, admittedly I was having a rough time of it, but it was for a great cause and if Sam can run 61 marathons in one year surely I could suck it up for 6.1!6.1 M for Operation Jack RUN & DONE!
And just because I think it's hilarious, here's a pic of my Christmas run last year...
Oh how times (i.e. location and climate) have changed!
- We also picked up a gym membership. With December being labeled as "mild" by the locals Spike assures me we'll need it come January & February for when things really get bad, so it looks like I will have to start learning to like the dreadmill before too long... *shudder* :(
Well that's it for me, how was your holiday weekend? What did Santa bring you?!?! More importantly, how cold and nasty out does it have to be before you bring it inside???