- Spectating the Capital City River Run Half yesterday on the bike with Jen was a blast! Her hubby totally PR'd like a mofo and I got an excellent tour of the city! Susy Supporter was in full effect and while there was a momentary green eye moment, it was short lived. In my heart I know I want to toe the line of my next race trained and ready to rock!
- You know you're a runner when... as you look for a new apartment in a new city, direct access to sidewalks and less traveled roads play into whether or not its a desirable living location. "Ooo honey, look at all the sidewalk around this one!"
- After apartment hunting I headed out to Lake Lansing to run a loop with Jess; 4.63 M at an almost effortless 9:33 P. Coach EK "rewarded" me for such a good run with permission to attempt my first back to back run. Later today I'll lace up for a nice and easy 3 miler. This will be the first time I've run two days in a row in over two months! If all goes well I've also been given the green light for a 5 miler on Wednesday! Woot! Slowly but surely I am making my comeback. The enthusiasm level has officially been raised to "Pleased."
- On the run I broke in the new kicks that I picked up in Florida. I had gone to Playmakers on Saturday to pick them up their very own set of arch cutlets and after installing them I was good to go. I thought perhaps ya'll might want to see them up close and personal. (The arch cutlets not the shoes... they're just like every other pair I get. Love me some 2150s!!!)
- ATTENTION CENTRAL FLORIDA AREA RUNNERS: Do you like to run? Do you like to have fun running? Have you ever heard of Ragnar? If not go there now. I'll wait...
Back? Good. Wanna join a team? As B.o.B mentioned the other day, the infamous B.R.A. (Brandon Running Association for all you newbie readers) have a few teams with slots for abled bodied runners. The Florida Central Ragnar Relay is November 19 - 20, there are obviously some costs involved, but a good time will most definitely be had by all!!! B.o.B and I can't frigging wait to run this year's!
The teams are all different and here's how they break down:
Ultra Team: 6 Runners Only so it means 23 or more miles. Coach EK is on this team.
40+ Masters Team: Coach Tom is on this team and you must be 40 years or older to be on this one. I think they specifically need a female to round out the team.
Regular Mixed Team: I'm pretty sure they have more than one spot available.
If you'd like more info just shoot me an email: redheadrunning (@) gmail
Monday, September 27, 2010
Because its so much easier to condense weekend recaps down to bullet points...