Tying my car key into my laces I notice that it's crazy windy in the exact direction I will be starting my hill repeats. Awesome.
- As I strap Hermes onto my wrist I think to myself, I haven't ran since the Gate River Run... did I charge it afterwards? I would find out that, no I must not have, right about the time I finished my warm up mile.
- With no Garmin to guide me I grab my cell phone and use the stopwatch function to record my splits. After each repeat I have to slow down to a trot to plug the number into my notebook without the slightest clue how fast I'm really going. I want to die after each repeat.
- Each repeat is straight into gnarly headwind and because I have no idea how to tell if I'm running the prescribed 7:15 pace I just give it my all and try to stay consistent time wise. I have 3 repeats to do, the first two I'm consistant, the final one I hit the puke threshold and lose 10 seconds.
- After 7 days of non-running, whose idea was it exactly to jump right into a Hill workout? Mine? Oh... well that's not very smart.
- After my cool down mile I text Spike this incredibly hot pic of myself, and by hot I mean not.hot.at.all, with the caption:
Todays hill workout looked a lil like this
His reply: Sooo you're saying it went well?
- Upon return to my house I plugged in the numbers to figure out my pace; 6:49.
That's not 7:15.
Let's all say it together now... FAIL.
FAIL aside, can I just say I'm so happy to be running again?!? :)