THE BRUNETTE aka Dawn/My Beloved Bike Pacer/Owner of Ellie Smelly
Years Known: 2+ - Current roommate & one half of our little old married couple
1. I absolutely LOVE condiments, especially salad dressing. I normally have at least two different varieties in the fridge plus another two in the pantry as backup. <- Kid you not this girl will choose condiments over real food.
2. I have never been in a relationship longer than a year. Some view this as a negative thing but I view it as the marker that I know when a person is wrong for me or vice versa (see number 16).
3. I have only seen my grandmother three times in my life but we write letters every month to each other and have for years.
4. My best friend and I have been B.F.F's since we were 3...that means 24 years.
5. I always go with my gut feeling. It's never failed me to date.
6. I love music and the way it makes me feel, emotions it evokes and its ability to bring back memories unthought of instantly.
7. I could live without a t.v. and be perfectly happy.
8. I read book after book after book. Funny thing is I never read when I was younger-I hated it. Only after getting sick did I start reading obsessively (see below, number 9). All time favorite-The Five Love Languages.
9. I do not have a gallbladder. It stopped working so they yanked it out.
10. I have cadaver tissue in my mouth. **I feel dead people** <- AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
11. I have had a rust spot on my eye and had to have a doctor laser it off when I was younger. I got it from hammering rocks on the driveway.
12. I have traveled to Paris and yes, it was amazing.
13. I have a slight (meaning monstrous) obsession with MAC cosmetics <- True Story.
14. I have never sung karaoke. That would just be mean to other human beings.
15. I always try to do the things that I fear the most or that create the most self doubt.
16. I believe that too many people settle for things in life-whether it be a relationship or job so I don't settle. Ever.
17. I believe that there is such a thing as soul mates (although I do not know if I would call it that) and know that one day I will find mine. Until then I'll continue dating all the wrong people. For less than a year of course.
18. I love high heel shoes. I can run in heels better than I can walk in flats. I'm 6'0" and I still rock the 3" stilettos, no problem. <- Let me tell you how awesome it is to stand next to her when we go out with my midget @ss.
19. My favorite thing to do is to drive on the highway with all the windows down, sunroof open with the music blaring, singing at the top of my lungs.
20. I am not scared of dying.
5 Things About Morgan from The Brunette:
1. Morgan doesn't like dogs. I have one. She lives with me. She loves her. <- Only when she's not being smelly.
2. She is scarily cheerful, like 5:00 a.m. cheerful. Always.
3. Morgan doesn't listen to voice mails, so don't leave 'em. She won't get 'em.
4. Morgan sustains herself on peanut butter sandwiches, yogurt, bananas, eggs and spinach/cheese/strawberry/blueberry salads (minus the dressing)
5. Morgan never goes anywhere without her camera, it's an appendage for her I swear.
Years Known: 13+ / We met in High School; Her Junior Year, my Senior. We hated each other. Then eventually somehow became friends. Convinced her to move to Florida and we went on to live together at Pamlico St. during College
20 RANDOM THINGS ABOUT EBS: (She only gave me 11 Things so I have reserved the right to add the additional items on my own. See what happens when you don't follow the rules Ebs??!?)
1. I go by several different names. If you were friend with me in high school you most likely call me Jenny, College – Jen, my best friends that are like family just call me Ebs, or if I’m at work Jennifer.
2. I grew up in Michigan and think that it is beautiful there (in the summer and fall), however, will never live there again.
3. I have never been overseas but would love to go to Scotland, Ireland, London.
4. I have been in school for almost a decade and will only have a BA and JD to show for it at the end of December.
5. Alaska was my most favorite vacation.
6. I’m not much of a sports buff…but I like watching Michigan college ball…even when we’re losing.
7. I’ve had the same best friends for over a decade. <-I love our crew!
8. Put in a Dave CD and give me a glass a wine and I’ll happy for the rest of the night. <- I refer to this as cut my wrist nights. Not so much the Dave as some of the other crap she listens too!
9. I am a jack of many trades, I have worked as a lifeguard, cart girl, paralegal and soon to add attorney to list.
10. I am unlucky in love. <- She just hasn't met the right guy yet... any takers? :)
11. My February will be donated to VITA doing taxes on Saturday…for free.
12. Ebs has an obsession with all things Teeny-bop; She loved The O.C. then got hooked on Gossip Girl and moved right on to Twilight...
13. Ebs is tall, not as tall as The Brunette but almost and is almost always is taller than her boyfriends. I am surrounded by tall b*tches.
14. She has the best hair. We're talking Herbal Essence commercial worthy.
15. She has serious issues with losing her keys and her vehicle.
16. She introduced "The Frito Bandito" song to us all and now whenever I'm feeling punchy I sing it.
17. Until she moved into the Pamlico house with Rixy & I, she didn't know you had to peel an onion.
18. Beware the subject of politics while consuming adult beverages with her. Just saying.
19. Only girl on the face of the earth I know that lives off delivery pizza and still looks amazing.
20. Opposites attract, she is an Aries and I am a Libra go figure we're best friends.
5 Things about Morgan from Ebs
1. I love watching her experience new things. She still has a child’s enthusiasm and can enjoy the small things that most of us take for granted.
2. Pool time with the girls is sacred to her.
3. She will make an excellent mother someday.
4. She has a great pair of leopard undies that she will show off if you’re being too loud. <- FML.
5. She is a person that genuinely cares about her friends and I love her like family.
RIXY aka The Habib/Dots not Feathers
Years Known: 10± / Lived together for about 6± years starting shortly after I moved to Florida and on through to the Pamlico St. days.
- Rixy looks like no one from her family. Not brown (Dad) nor white (Mom).
- Loves music and is the concert junkie of the group. Will choose live Music over food (which is very random because I am actually trying to find dollars in my purse for dinner for this week since I bought too many concert tickets on payday)
- Lived in India for a good portion of my childhood. <- Hence why we call her the Habib
- Loves to cook and feed others. If she is going to be husky then people are going down with her too.
- May or may not have toys and binoculars on her work desk.
- Thought El Nino was a Spanish named hurricane.
- I have ran my car into a tree………twice (I still say the first time wasn’t my fault and the car was in park). <-Parked cars don't ram into trees. Just saying.
- Thought armadillos where called barracudas. (In my defense my mother told me that when we moved to Florida).
- Thought acorns were called eggcorns. Didn’t find that out till I put “ I just got hit on the head with an eggcorn and my head is throbbing!” as my facebook status a month ago. My FB was blowing up that day! Everyone was very curious about what an eggcorn was.
- Loves Super Heroes. Wonder Woman is just one of the many. (RIP best Wonder Woman coffee mug. sniff sniff).
- Very confused on religion. Since Catholic (Grandparents), Hinduism (Father), Lutheran (A private school I went to) and Buddhism (Mother) have all been a part of my life.
- Thought that “copping a feel” was “copping a field” as in baseball. Didn’t find that out till a couple of years ago when I put “copping a field” on a caption for one of my pictures.
- Can probably order $30 of Chinese food just for myself. Not because I can’t control my eating…..I can never figure out what I want!
- Loves Gnomes. (RIP Fupie, I took that Gnome everywhere) <-You better not lose your new one!
- Loves to laugh. Also known as “the cackle”.
- Does not like juice or soda. Water and beer is good enough for me.
- Cannot stand the word “panty”. Makes me want to take a shower! Ugh.
- I must clean my ears three times a day. Once before my shower, after my shower and before I go to bed. I know it is bad for you but it needs to be done. <- True Story. We shared a bathroom for many years.
- My friends are my family.
- I think I am the last one to mature out of the group. Thanks to my boyfriend and his 4 year old son.
5 Things about Morgan from Rixy
- Has survived falling out of a two story window. (duh, like I wasn’t going to put that) <-You just HAD to go there didn't you...
- Was a complete raver girl! She use to match her pants with her hair! Just sayin!
- She would eat popcorn for dinner! No joke almost every night! We would be having a huge bbq and here she comes strolling in from her second or third job poppin some popcorn!
- She may or may not be a Ninja.
- And last but not least………….Honestly I have no idea where I would be today if I didn’t have her in my life. She has been there every step of the way and has supported me no matter what and is probably one of the few who actually gets me. Goes above and beyond and has never left my side. I can always depend on my Morgan.
Beaker Luv aka RJ's Momma/BFF
Years Known: 10± / First friend in Florida, lived together at Pamlico before Ebs moved in, was there the night she met her husband and was a bridesmaid in her wedding
20 RANDOM THINGS ABOUT BEAKER LUV:
- I moved to Orlando from Michigan when I was 19 with a friend. I have fallen in love with Florida, but will always consider myself a Michigan girl.
- Morgan and I met the day she moved down to Florida (10 months after me) and have been best friends ever since, we call ourselves “friend soul mates” and love to tell the story of how we met.
- I am an accountant but don’t ask me to do your taxes, I got a C in tax accounting. <-FAIL.
- I am very much a home-body Monday – Friday, the weekends I like to get out of the house
- I am one of the few people that actually never call Morgan, “Morgan” unless I’m trying to distinguish her among our other friends name Jen or if she’s in trouble :)
- Words cannot describe how much I love being a mom to RJ, who without a doubt is the most perfect baby ever (he really is…I’m not just saying that because I’m his mom).
- Pre-RJ (and still currently, although I never get to do it) my most favorite pastime is to float in the pool with my friends and drink beer all day (yes she did this too!). <-Those were the good ol days... wasted in the pool...
- I have been with my husband for 9 years, married for 3, neither of us had ever been in a committed relationship before being together, and I still fall more in love with him every day (ok you can puke now). <-They are disgustingly cute. DISTGUSTINGLY!
- My one wish right now is to be a stay at home mom
- My husband and I want at least 2 more kids, 3 if we think we can afford it.
- I wish I was a runner…better yet I wish I could just enjoy exercising! I have always struggled trying to stay fit for this reason.
- I am way too independent and do not accept help from others very well.
- I love to travel with my husband; we have been to Key West, Smokey Mountains, 2 Caribbean cruises, Jamaica, Croatia, Venice, and England. Would love to still travel, just can’t imagine leaving RJ so might have to wait until he’s old enough for it.
- I have a natural frown so sometimes when I’m just concentrating people think I’m upset, I hate that!
- I can sometimes be shy when around new people, but seem to improve on that the older I get.
- I love finding that perfect present for someone and giving it to them. <-She's so great at this!
- I love having girl time with my friends and don’t understand girls that say they don’t get along with girls…I need my girlfriends to keep me sane!
- I do not know how I will live without Morgan if she moves away. <- Stop making me feel guilty!!! :(
- I love to throw parties at my house, my husband and I by far throw the best pool parties.
Family is everything to me, I am so thankful for my sisters, parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc.
5 Things about Morgan from Beaker Luv:
- When watching TV or a movie with her you must turn the volume up, she is deaf only when it comes to the television.
- She is probably the most thoughtful person I’ve ever met and loves to make people happy.
- Don’t let her fool you: she does many sit ups and other exercises to get those abs! (She’s always had a flat tummy though and I’ve always been jealous).
- We are both the feel guilty twins, we feel guilty about everything all the time and try to support each other in this problem!
- She loves surprises, both giving and receiving them.
- Do NOT post this on your blog. Around here I like to keep things in the family.
- Leave a comment with the favorite thing you learned about either one of the crew or myself
- Ask a question of any item or person.
(Sometimes I run out of material and that would make for a great post in the future!)
You do not have to leave seperate comments for each, feel free to combine.
I will be accepting submissions until 3 Things Thursday morning. (2/11/10) Then all bets are off and I will draw a winner based on a random.org selected number for the handy dandy excel spreadsheet of entries. Winner will be announced during 3 Things Thursday. I'm not going to get the prize stash until after I know who's won because I want to tailor make it but I promise it will be worth your time.
Thanks for reading everyone. It's been an amazing year and I can't wait to share with you the adventures of the next. Catch ya'll on the flipside...