Alright peeps, between my crazy jam packed, sleep deprived, many miles driven weekend, followed by a mind numbing corporate retreat for work today and then hauling major @ss on the hills I am beyond frazzled so you get this weekends recap in a discombobulated semi-list /semi-story format... try to keep up.
- 18 Miles were on deck - It was a BEAUTIFUL morning! Absolutely PERFECT. The entire run I just kept thinking to myself, if only we could get this weather for Gasparilla, I'd be in heaven! We did the same 4.5 M repeat as last week and with the low humidity, refreshing breeze and amazing sunrise I don't think anyone could've had a bad run. In fact no one did.
- Hollster & I kept a solid pace and I've realized we run really well together. We pick up on each others subtle cues of fatigue, monitoring pace, etc... I think I may have just met my running sole mate. :)
- Captain Nuts again graced us with his presence here and there but was mostly working on his own agenda. He is seriously like a running ninja, one minute he's there, next minute he's gone...
- I'm convinced B.o.B & P-Funk have parties during the run. We are forever hearing them cackling in the distance behind us ...
- About mile 12 my ankle started bothering me. WTF?!?
Side Note: I've noticed when I run this route with the BRA the front of my ankle (or where the top of the foot meets the bottom of the leg) gets sore. At first I thought my shoes were tied too tight, but this week I made a conscious effort to loosen them. After more consideration I'm wondering if its the hills on the route and how I'm digging into my shoes on the downhill?!?! Any thoughts???
- B.o.B & P-Funk, having been feisty all morning, decided to pace with Hollster & I the final stretch. The next few miles were hilarious and since I know I could never do it justice I will rely on B.o.B to explain to you the scenario of the guy with the HUGE quads in the shorty-shorts who ran up alongside Hollster & I for a few minutes. Let's just say it took everything I could not to die laughing.
- Apparently my flowing pony tail is not only shiny and distracting but also mesmorizing and brings on feelings of nausea. Do not look directly at the pony tail while in motion.
- Hollster & P-Funk had 20 on deck so they took their leave of us to rack up the extra mileage while B.o.B and I brought it in for the 18. For the record, not only did we negative split the entire last half of our run but we negative split every mile of it. Speed Demons!!!
- Those last 2 miles with B.o.B we discussed Gasparilla, our training and the morning's run and I just gotta say, I can't wait to see her shatter her expectations! Boo you are going to rock Gasparilla I just know it!
- After the run Coach EK & I discussed how the training cycle has been going and agreed upon my Gasparilla race strategy. I am feeling great about both and Coach EK seemed to be pleased. *cue happy dance*
Now let me set this next scene up for you; I'm following P-Funk to breakfast and out of nowhere on the other side of the road, two deer come galloping along at full speed. I am at once both in awe at seeing a Florida deer (I've lived here 10 years and never seen one; they are so little!) and also wondering when they will dart across the road. I'm from Michigan, deers are suicidal masochists. When you see one, it is inevitable that it will jump in front of you. (Kinda like the one that Spike eviscerated when I was visiting in October) So I'm waiting for the eventual suicide attempt and hoping P-Funk has noticed them as she is in front of me and they are paced with her car, when the leader makes it's move... and P-Funk notices within seconds of almost hitting it. I had slowed proactively, knowing the second would follow so it passed between our cars with plenty of room. When we arrived at breakfast I asked P-Funk why she was trying to kill Bambi and she was like, "I was looking at the second one!!" LMAO! Ok so maybe it's not as funny but ya know how after a long run you're a bit runtarded and things just make sense in a way that normally they wouldn't? Well it was one of those scenario's and we both just cracked up.
Breakfast was full of the usual hijinks of the assembled BRA runner's and I was thoroughly entertained. Especially when D planted a big wet one on Coach EK's freshly shaved upper lip! LOL! Afterwards I headed back to B.o.B's to clean up before meeting up with Rixy at the outlet mall. Shopping ensued. Things I did and did not need were purchased at killer prices, but better than that, I got some QT time with my Rixy. I love her.
After the spending of money was done I headed back to BRA country and set up shop at V's as we waited on the rest of the slumber party to assemble. We wined (well they did anyway), we dined and had a whole lot of fun! Strawberr-E lived up to her name and brought the most amazing fresh strawberries, B.o.B provided us with ghetto fabulous music and we all managed to make watching figure skating a highly offensive and ill mannered affair. "She fell again?!?! WTF? She only gets 2 crackers for dinner tonight!"
- Woke up at @ss crack of dawn to head home. Me + unfamiliar bed = no sleep.
- Attempt recovery run... ankle is so sore I barely make it a mile before calling it. WTF is up with this wonky ankle situation?!?!?
- The Brunette & I decide to ride downtown to the Farmer's Market
- Neither of us have cash... but technically we still drove up...
- Farmer's Market Goodness... I think we've started a new Sunday tradition
- While meandering home we decide to wander over to a park I've been meaning to check out... Gotta love discovering new places in your city. It was so beautiful!
- After a glorious nap I headed over for some QT with the Beaker Luv clan and got to see all of Baby RJ's newest tricks! 6 months old already and so much fun!
Beautiful weather, amazing friends and a great run = A perfect weekend! I hope ya'll had just as great of a weekend as I did!!!
4 Weeks til Donna Half with Jill
5 Weeks til Gasparilla