2009 Year in Review
Upon reflection 2009 has been a year of FIRSTS (Half & Full Marathon, Muddy Buddy & RAGNAR), PR's (5k & 10k) and SERIOUS TRAINING. In February I started this blog and began documenting my ups, my downs, injuries, complaints about boob loss and even fell head over heels for one of my followers. To say that 2009 has been an adventure would be putting it mildly.
With that being said, while taunting Viper on his quest to wrap up 2009 with 1,000 miles (it didn't happen) and cheering on Tall Mom Mel as she accomplished 1,000 miles; I realized I had no clue my own mileage for the year. I've dutifully tracked it all via mapmyrun.com but I never bothered to sit down and actually tally it up... (what can I say, I'm just not a big STAT's person). Well imagine my surprise when Mr. Excel Spreadsheet calculated this for me:
Running Mileage 2009:
Jan - 96.95 M - Training for Gasparilla Half Marathon
Feb - 105.23 M - Woo hoo first 100+ M!!!
Mar - 35.57 M - Gasparilla Half Marathon and subsequent injury
Apr - 12 M - FAIL! D@mn injury!
May - 45.46 M - Getting back on the wagon...
June - 91.33 M - Chicago Marathon Training
July - 90.85 M - Holding steady minus one week off because of ITB issues...
Aug - 147.08 M - Wowzers! Ramping that mileage!
Sept - 122.84 M - Gearing up and tapering down...
Oct - 85.41 M - Chicago Marathon! Happiest day of my life!
Nov - 87.52 M - Maintaining, 10k PR & RAGNAR
Dec - 138* M - Training for Gasparilla Marathon
(Dec '08 Mileage = 27.13 M - AMAZING how far I've come in a year! Yowzers!!!)
Running Total for 2009 = 1,058.24
Race wise I ran; 3 - 5k's (1 actually being a Seasons 52 sponsored 5.2k), 2 - 10k's, 1 - 10 Mile Race, 2 - Half Marathon's, 1 - Full Marathon, 1 Relay Race & 1 Adventure Race.
Looking ahead - 2010
While reading many an inspirational New Year's resolutions and running goals posts for 2010 I've drawn up my own list;
- Run for a cause; I want to run as many races as possible for charities that are near & dear to my heart in 2010
Donna Half - 2/21/10 for Breast Cancer & my Aunt Donna w/ Jill!!!
Gasparilla Marathon - 2/28/10 for Train 4 Autism / Operation Jack for my cousins & Rixy's sister.
(Donate to the cause here: http://operationjack.kintera.org/redheadrunning)
- Donate to Locks of Love; I started growing out my hair in Aug '08 and I am almost ready to snip-snip and donate. I have always wanted to do this and can't wait to finally see it through.
- Volunteer; I volunteered at a race last summer and it was such a rewarding experience. I really want to make it a point to volunteer for as many local races that I'm not running as possible.
- Spectate; Spectating for friends really makes all the difference in the world to them and even helps you stay focused on your own goals (Just be sure to spellcheck your posters!) My first official spectating for 2010 begins at the Disney Marathon next weekend! If you are running please let me know ASAP!
- Maintain; 100+ Miles per month while in training & at least 50-70 when not to maintain base.
- Run 1,150+ Miles in 2011; If I can unknowingly run 1,000+ I can surely run this with some proper dedication!
- Get the monkey's off my back;
Marathon - Sub 4 hr
Half Marathon - Sub 2 hr
5k - Officially chipped Sub 23 min; I ran 21:44 in a fun run once but obviously it wasn't timed! Boo!!!
- Complete a Tri; I really wanted to do this in 2009 but I was so scared I would injure myself prior to Chicago. This year, no excuses! I've got a bike now time to learn to swim! Game on!
- Document monthly running totals to keep myself accountable
- Eat properly; As in cut the extra sugar, eat more fruits, veggies, meats, etc and stop living off yogurt & oatmeal.
Make a Difference in 2010
Become a Better/Stronger/Fitter/Healthier Athlete
Before I sign off I just want to say THANK YOU to everyone of you for following along with my random adventures this year and for the never ending inspiration, support, encouragement, taunting, etc you've given me along the way. Blogging has become such an important part of my life and it is because of you that it means so much to me. At the beginning of this year I would have never thought I could EVER do any of the things I have accomplished and now as I look back I realize I couldn't have done it without you guys! Cheers to a prosperous 2010 filled with many a PR and many more running adventures to share!!!
Almost 4 months later and I'm STILL basking in the after glow...