Guess who's back? Back again?!? Holy bagees ya'll have been busy while I was M.I.A.!!! I have a billion posts backlogged in my google reader, a jillion comments on my marathon and birthday posts and it's going to take me ages to get caught up!!! But I'm back and I've missed ya'll so much!!!
Before I get to the vaca recap I'll give ya a few pics from marathonfoto that I stole like the ninja I am... as you will see, I really was the happiest little redhead running in all of Chi-town and I think I did Danica proud, as I totally rocked some waterproof mascara.
B.o.B & I at 40k
Finishing with the biggest smile on my face!
Medaled & Blanketed!
Marathon Finisher with the Medal to prove it!!!
So besides running marathons what have I been up to you ask? (You did ask right? I mean that's why you're here right???)
Well let's just say I've been having quite the adventure... We last left off I had run a little marathon in Chicago and was heading back to the homeland for a few days with the Fam up in Michigan... (That's right folks, Spike is not an insane deranged murderer and delivered me in one piece to my family) I've decided the best way to recap this trip would be in list format (cuz we all love lists) and to keep things interesting, I may or may not have done all or none of the following*:
- Had glorious pumpkin pancakes with my Dad before he left town
- Got caught in traffic and missed the first train into the city
- Went to Shedd's Aquarium and acted inappropriately
- Ate entirely way too much candy and became hopelessly addicted to Reese's Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- Saw a guy driving a steam roller on the road outside a McDonald's promptly after arriving in Michigan (Home Sweet Home)
- Ate 3 slices of pizza for dinner and didn't feel guilty at all
- Got up at 6am for my first post-marathon run and realized that Portage Lake, Michigan is a very dark and scary place with no sidewalk or shoulder and got ran into a ditch by a semi and then almost trampled by a deer as it barreled out of the woods at me...
- After which I opted to run 1 mile repeat loops around a trailer park instead
- Drove a retired police crowne victoria home from a bar that had no passenger window and the seat was broke so I was sitting on the edge of it and using my tippy toes... (Don't worry this was not a drunk driving situation, my friend just drives a hoopty)
- Got woken up at 6am by 4 little girls who wanted to recount to their favorite "Aunt Jenny who lives by Tinker Bell" all about the Jackson County Fair and then made to judge a fashion show before they left for school
- Went on a run around the Jackson area and somehow managed to bruise my foot running hill repeats
- Shared a brew-ha-ha with my brothers as we are all officially legal to drink
- Spent an evening at Jackson's finest dirt-hole of a bar; Wool-E-Bully's with Alicia
- Had a wonderful visit with my family
- Killed Bambi's Mom on 127
- Received the most beautiful flowers ever.
- Flung shrimp across a fancy restaurant. Classy.
- Went and saw Zombieland, greatest. zombie. movie. ever. I. Love. Zombies.
- Tailgated at the MSU game with some pretty awesome people
- Went to an actual working cider mill and had fresh cider with donuts that definitely did not taste like pumpkin. False advertising much?!?!
- Took an evening stroll under a blanket of red, yellow and green
- Ate entirely way too much sushi and yet not enough to avoid the FAIL stamp... who leaves 2 pieces of sushi?!?!? FAIL!
- Bowled a horrific 55 pin game in the biggest bowling dive I've ever seen. Come on Lansing, you're better than that!!! FAIL!
- Was swept up in a whirlwind romance, the likes of which romantic comedy's are derived from.
- Froze my @ss off for 10 straight days.
- Passed out on the plane home and drooled all over myself. Classy.
- Went out to dinner with all my wonderful Florida Family aka my awesome friends upon arriving home and had such a great night eating, drinking and enjoying each other's company
* Can you spot the fakes? I crack myself up.
Alright bloggy buddies I really gotta get some work done around here and start catching up... I hope ya'll have been well and I will do my best to stop by all your digs and catch up on what I've missed!!! Morgan is back and there is a sh*t ton of running to talk about so prepare yourself for some good ol' redhead running posts soon!