It's my blog; I DO WHAT I WANT.
- I'm sick. It seems traveling from 95 degree weather North to 45 degree weather and then running a marathon through 30 degree weather after which traveling further North to varying degrees between 25-50 and then returning home to 65+ degree weather with a bunch of germ infested travelers really does a number to your immune system. (But totally worth it...)
- Saturday Maddy and I are FINALLY going to meet up and run! We've been trying for months to plan something and Saturday is the day. Yay for Running Dates! (I take what I can get these days folks...)
- So let me tell you how the stars have aligned and true to the mantra "Good things come to those who wait" I get to RUN RAGNAR!!! Moments after posting on Tuesday about riding alongside the BRA, B.o.B IM'd me to tell me a person on their team backed out and I get to be the replacement! YAY!!! So unbelievably stoked! I had really wanted to run this but was happy enough riding alongside the runners at night to still get to be a part of the experience... but now... now I get to run!!! (I may or may not have a voo-doo doll to dispose of...)
- Halloween Halfathon is next Saturday and I was going to rock my Halloween costume but now I'm thinking "Zombie Runner" and/or "Run to Death" having been inspired by seeing Zombieland last Friday night. I can just slash up some old gear and make my hair crazy; cheap, easy and comfortable. Plus; I.love.zombies. B.o.B and I have decided to make this a fun run and just goof around so no PR's, but imagine all the photo ops!!! Oh and did I mention we get to meet the infamous Jamoosh? (Hopefully his "costume" is more than just underwear now that the wife is back in town...)
- Speaking of Halloween, Friday night I have a Halloween Party to attend. It's a revival of my infamous Halloween party and I'm a little curious to see how it's going to stack up against a legend. Yes I'm that conceited about my Halloween Party, I held it 7 straight years and it was EPIC. Actually you should all be sad you didn't know me and weren't able to attend one. Just saying...
- Saturday B.o.B and I are headed over to Clermont to cheer on Navy Steve in the Great Floridian Iron Man competition. So stoked to see these insane athletes put their bodies to the test. Go Navy Steve!!!
- Also this weekend Lazy Runner & The B.R.A. are headed North to run the Marine Corp Marathon, I am so pumped for them and I hope they all KILL IT!!! I will be glued to my computer screen (as I do not trust the runner tracking via text after Chicago) tracking my peeps!
Run Hard, Run Fast, RUN STRONG!!!
- My foot still hurts. It started hurting last Thursday mid-run while I was running around Michigan and it hasn't stopped. Post-Marathon Phantom Twinge? Actual injury? Scheduling an appt with the doc soon... Oh the joys of running eh?
- Did you check out the new post over at Creative Loafing? B.o.B just did a great write up about spectating and destination races...
Alright that's it for me and my A.D.D.-ness. Have great runs/races this weekend! Catch ya'll on the flipside...