- Oikos Organic Greek Yogurt has a whopping 15 grams of protein per 5.3 oz. serving, (we all need more protein) which is a great snack to fuel your training schedule. Oikos Greek yogurt is also unique because it’s organic -it's made from organic milk produced without the use of toxic persistent pesticides, chemical fertilizers, antibiotics, or artificial growth hormones (rBST). They feel that organic is not only better for you, but better for the planet as well.
The Brunette and I cracked open a tub and dug in... it was very rich and weird tasting to me, having never tried greek yogurt before I wasn't ready for the difference in taste in comparisson to my lowly regular yogurt. After a few spoonfuls I decided it definitely wasn't my cup of tea but The Brunette LOVED it and our fridge has been stoked full of it ever since!
- LUNA Sport Moons offer three great-tasting flavors that come in moon-shaped, bite-size pieces that have a soft, but not too chewy, “bite.” LUNA Sport Moons come apart in your mouth quickly so they can be swallowed easily—a real asset when you’re on the move. Lastly, one packet of Moons chews provides 100 calories, so it’s simple to keep track of calorie intake during long outings.
Mineral salts such as sodium chloride, potassium, magnesium are known collectively as electrolytes. These electrolytes allow electrical impulses to travel properly throughout your body, allowing for normal bodily function. When you sweat you start to deplete yourself of these electrolytes. Similar to dehydration, electrolyte depletion will first lead to performance declines and then onto more serious health issues. Each Moon provides sodium and potassium to help counteract the losses in your sweat.
I have used these in place of my beloved Cliff Shot Bloks a few times now and I am in L-O-V-E with them, first off, they are quite tasty and second off I can store the package a bit easier than I can the Shot Bloks. I feel like they break down easier than the Shot Bloks and I love anything I get to eat more of. At 100 calories per package, I get to enjoy 6 yummy moons guilt free! Yay!
So while it was a 50/50 success between the two, I highly suggest trying both products for yourself!
Before I sign off, here's a few things ya'll should check out:
- First up it's Lauren's Birthday over at Team Giles, she is doing a sweet giveaway with Zensah so take a second and go wish her Happy B-day and then do some shopping! If you read my post yesterday you'll know that I just recently picked up some running sleeves from them and I can't wait until they arrive so I can test them out!
- Next up you only have 1 day left to enter for your chance to win a $100 gift card to Dick’s Sporting Goods. You may remember I did a giveaway awhile back with them and one lucky reader scored $100 courtesy of that giveaway.
In case you haven't yet, here's how you enter:
1) Log on to Twitter ASAP (or sign up for an account)
2) Follow @dickssportcmo on Twitter
3) RT @dickssportcmo with an answer to this question: What would you get at Dick's with $100 and why?
Wow so this post might be the most boring post I have ever written... *snore* sorry guys!
How about this... last night I popped into my DVD player the Chicago Marathon Finish DVD that Tom over at Runner's Lounge so awesomely sent me and proceeded to become an blubbering mess. In less than 3 short weeks that is going to be ME! I am going to be running that same marathon, going through that same finish line and all this hard work and dedication are finally going to come to an end. Less than 3 weeks people! 18 days to be exact! I'm going to run a friggin marathon. 26.2! My poor family... they are so going to have an emotional wreck on their hands after that finish... and my poor Brunette... who came home to me curled up in a ball crying on the couch watching that DVD. I am such a friggin' girl...