Welcome to my second edition of you know you're a runner when...
- when "Retail Therapy" takes you over to Track Shack instead of the mall
- when you don't move into your new place for 2 more weeks but you've already mapped out your neighborhood runs
- when you have a serious discussion about the pro's & con's of being hardcore vs having a social life
- when instead of throwing away the pair of running shorts you ripped at Muddy Buddy, you mend them because they're such good shorts
- when whereas you mended above mentioned shorts, while packing you find old shorts you used to run in before you became a "runner" and you throw them away because they are cotton
- when you map out and seriously consider running to, in and then home from the 5k that falls on your 16 miler long run day (you later decide this is not a good idea)
- when you tell your boss you can't make the Saturday morning meetings because you'll still be running when they start and after a sigh and a roll of the eyes, he pardons you for the rest of the summer
- when all the blogs you follow are running blogs except one... and that's only because he is your friend
- when you tape the Chicago Marathon Race Route above your computer at work so that all day long whenever you stare off into space you are forced into thoughts of running (as if I need any excuse to do that)
- when you check the meetup.com site all week long to see who is going to be at the group run this weekend at Cady Way and assess which of them you think you can make running friends with
Yup... I am a running nerd.
12 Miler tomorrow!!! TGIF!!!